Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Not so breakfast casserole!!

So, this was a new dish for me; my own version of "Hash brown Casserole". I would definitely NOT call this a breakfast dish and I am truly sorry for that. But on the plus side... it was delicious!! Irelyn didn't like it but I didn't expect her to. James for sure loved it and I liked it too! We will definitely have this again! So here's the scoop :)

- brown the sausage (I did this first thing this morning and stuck it in the fridge.)
- while the sausage is cooking, cook hash brown as directed; S&P to taste and 1T garlic/herb seasoning (I used "Simply Potatoes" w/diced onions already in the bag. These are in the egg/milk section of Walmart.)
- add mushrooms (I also found a really good frozen brand of mushrooms. Check your freezer section for so many options if you're like me and let fresh veggies go bad.)
- add sausage, cream of mushroom soup, rotel and beans; mix well. (I used chili beans and it was so good with them!!)
- spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray & pour in your meat/potato mixture.
- cover with cheese...I mean go cheese crazy on it!
- bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

- while that's cooking, fry up some eggs (1 per person at least). *Optional: you could also scramble your eggs and add them to the meat/potato mixture before baking it.
- when the dish is done baking, lay the eggs on top of the casserole and dig in!!
- you can also dice up some red onion, tomatoes, jalopenos, bell peppers or any other topping you'd like! We used sour cream too!

PS. Sorry there are no pictures or videos. I'm a slacker today. Let me know what your family thinks of this dish!!

Servings: 6
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment