Thursday, August 4, 2016

Crockpot Chicken

If you know me, then you know I'm late for everything. Posting blogs on time is no exception. Here's the recipe for tonight's crock pot chicken. I found it on Pinterest! Y'all this is so yummy. I do not like "chicken on a bone" but this is by far one of my favorite meals. Saying it's simple is a definite understatement. Here's what you do:

- First, combine spices in a bowl for the rub.
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Clean your chicken & remove giblets and neck. Rub spice mixture all over the chicken. You could stop here, put it in a ziplock bag and let it marinate over night. But if you don't have time, then you can totally skip this step. I never marinate it!!

- Slice a large onion & spread it across the bottom of the crockpot. Put the chicken on top of the onions.

- Cook on low for 8 hours. It will literally fall off the bone!

And that's it my friends. That. Is. It. As the chicken slow cooks it makes enough juice for the chicken & for a yummy gravy (super thin) over your rice or potatoes!

Now for your side dishes. I take the veggies (they're on your shopping list), slice them, lay them flat and S&P them. I put them on skewers but you can just pile them in a baking dish if that's easier. Trust me, it's easier!! Bake on 350 for about 20 minutes. You can also sprinkle some fresh grated parmesan cheese on them. Super yum!

- instant rice or potatoes -- just follow the directions on the package. :)
- corn on the cobb -- just boil it in seasoned water (creole seasoning, salt & pepper) as the package directs
- cornbread -- same thing. Make it like the package says!

Such a good dinner. So good. So easy. And super cheap to make!

Be sure to save your leftover chicken for tomorrow's dinner. Go ahead and debone the leftovers and refrigerate them.

Peace out, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment