Monday, July 25, 2016

Meal Planning 👊🏻

I know how busy moms and dads are these days!! When supper time rolls around, the last thing you want to do is think about cooking.

• What's in the freezer?
• What do I have?
• Did I even go to the grocery store this week?
• Crap, I didn't thaw out the hamburger meat.
• I need new meal ideas.
• What's something quick?

I could go on & on bc these are thoughts of mine almost every day! I've had several people show interest in meal planning but never give it a shot. I don't know why bc it's great! I try to meal plan Monday through Friday. 

I screw it up a lot. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking. And we grab take out. Sometimes I forget to thaw something out and my fam is too hungry to wait. And we grab take out. Sometimes I didn't realize I was out of everything. And we grab take out.

Take out is taking over our funds (and my thighs and bottom side)!! And I know I would much rather have a home cooked meal over Johnny's Pizza any day. (No offense, Johnny's!! I do love me some pizza!!)

So after (very little) thought and consideration, I've decided to meal plan and prepare recipes for YOU!! We'll try it out for a few weeks and if you love it, I'll keep it up. If you're not in to it, then I'll go back to my day job. #momlife

I'll send out a grocery list on Thursday and you'll have the whole weekend to shop. Sunday evening, I'll post the recipe for Monday's dinner. Monday, I'll post for Tuesday's dinner and so forth and so on.

I'll start with my family's favorites! For the most part, they'll be quick(ish) meals but we do like good, ole home cooking that may take some time. I'll even prepare crock pot lists and recipes for you.

So, get ready for some yummy food and hopefully some extra time and happy mouths!

2 comments: